If you have Formosan termites in your house or home, you need good help with the infestation fast! These are so destructive that they damage live trees, multiply enormous colonies, and are capable of surviving conventional treatments.
Think about This!
- 1. The colony can eat up to 1000 pounds of lumber a year. By contrast, native termites will only eat 7 lbs of wood a year.
- 2. They can tunnel through plaster, creosote, plastic, asphalt, electrical wire and utility poles to find water.
- 3. The queen can live up to 30 years and lay 1000 eggs a day. That’s 10,950,000 termites to attack your house.
- 4. Three years after the population starts, it begins to square in size.
- 5. They form cartons or nests which enable them to live in wall voids in much larger numbers than regular subterranean termites.
- 6. They are so aggressive, they will literally bite you and hang on. (It is imperceptible.)
- 7. They are easily misidentified by pest control operators.
- 8. Since Formosan termites build nests, called cartons, they are easier to detect with a moisture meter then regular termites, even when there are no visible signs of infestation.